Our April Tech of the Month is Faye from @fayebrows . From microblading to lip blush Faye is absolutely smashing it and so we decided that she was well deserving of Tech of the Month. Keep on reading to learn more about Faye's journey into SPMU.
1) When did you first enter the beauty industry?I entered the beauty industry in 2020 when I decided to change my career direction from marketing manager to PMU artist!
2) Why did you decide to train in SPMU?It had always been a dream of mine, ever since I studied Art at A level. A lot of my work focused on portraiture with emphasis on the contours of the face. I would regularly stalk incredible SPMU artists on Instagram and replicate their work on paper. This, combined with my love for makeup and undergoing SPMU treatments myself encouraged my decision to take the plunge and train in Microblading - it was the best decision I have ever made!
3) What is your favourite procedure to perform?My favourite procedure is Microblading because I love how you can be so creative with it, and that every client has a different style or pattern - no brows are ever the same.
4) Where do you see yourself in five years time?At the moment I offer brows and lips but I would love to offer all other SPMU treatments, mainly paramedical tattoos. I feel like it would be such rewarding treatment to perform.
5) What is your signature technique called?I don't have one!
6) Who did you train with?I trained in Microblading and shading with the Phi Academy and Invisalip & Talya for Lip Blush.
7) What is your favourite Cosmedic Supplies machine and needle?
I absolutely love using the Lite Pad and 11U for lip blush as it really packs in the colour!